Right from getting your kid admitted into a school till getting a death certificate for the dead, there is no way escaping Aadhaar. Linking Aadhaar is becoming extensively mandatory everywhere and the list is expanding. For now, here we compiled a list of 10 most important documents to be linked with Aadhaar to make your life easier.
- Bank Account: It is a government mandate for the banks to verify and link their customers’ savings accounts with their Aadhaar before 31 December 2017. The accounts that are not linked before the deadline would become inoperable.
- Mutual Fund Investments: Financial institutions like fund houses have to link the Aadhaar numbers of their customers with their respective accounts. Deline for the asset management companies to comply with the mandate is 31 December 2017.
- PAN Card: The income tax returns filed after 1 July 2017 would be accepted and processed only if the candidate’s Aadhaar and PAN are linked to it. The deadline set by the government is 31 December 2017.
- Social Security Schemes: All of the social security schemes like Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana etc.. require mandatory Aadhaar linking. The deadline for the same is 31 December 2017. However, a final decision by the SC is still pending on petitions challenging the legal validity of Aadhaar, citing it as an intrusion into one’s right to privacy.
- Pension Accounts: Pensioners have to offer either enrolment ID or Aadhaar to remain as the beneficiary of the social security schemes. Thus, people eligible for pension under EPS must link their Aadhaar to pension accounts.
- SIM Cards: Every mobile phone user has to get their Aadhaar-based e-KYC done by 6 February 2018. Even while getting a new mobile connection, Aadhaar details are to be provided by the buyer.
- Faster Provident Fund Claims: Linking your PF account with Aadhaar number will help you apply for the PF claim online and even get it within 5 days.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT): Even though it is not a mandate, it is advisable to provide your Aadhaar details and avail benefits under the Government’s DBT schemes. By doing this, you can safeguard against fraudulent or duplication activities. It helps the direct transfer of money to your Aadhaar-linked bank account.
- Death Certificate: Death certificate should contain the Aadhaar number of the deceased person, as per the new mandate, effective 1 October 2017. Thus, the person applying for the family member’s death certificate needs to furnish the concerned person’s Aadhaar number as well.
- Driving Licence And Registration Of Vehicles: The government is in plans to link the vehicle owner’s Aadhaar number with the driving license and the registration of the vehicles. The idea behind is to prevent the fake license-generation as well as the registration of stolen vehicles.
In conclusion, it has become mandatory to link the most important documents with Aadhaar numbers and so it is advisable to act accordingly and avoid non-compliance issues. For more information and advice on personal finance, approach ArthaYantra – World’s Only Full-Service Robo Advisory. Our mission is to bring quality advice from professionals at an affordable rate to every individual.